2011/04/26

Review of Michael Moore hates America

With Netflix I am finding all sort of things I never knew of. Such as this movie. Now let me start by saying that I am a fan of Michael Moore. I have seen, I think, all of his films. I don't always agree with him, such his last one about Capitalism, but I do watch them. I am also not a fan of his methods at times. He lies about what the films are about and uses the ambush method of interviewing people which I don't agree with either. However I think he gets people thinking and that is important.

Now this film is done almost exactly like a Moore film. Horrible narration, weird boring shots of nothing, interviews with people who really have nothing to do with the subject but are somehow in a weird six degrees of separation way of making it part of the main point.

The idea is that Michael Wilson, who finds quite a few holes in the Bowling of Columbine movie. He decides to make a movie about it and try to interview Moore. Moore of course doesn't respond. It is then all about Wilson proving that Moore hates actually hates America.

Wilson goes to Flint, Michigan and New York to try and find Moore. He also go to the bank where Moore got his free gun for opening an account in Bowling. It was extremely staged according to the teller and people from the bank. Penn Jillette is also featured in it talking about documentaries throughout.

Overall I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. Its a couple of years old but I enjoyed it more than I did Capitalism.

No comments: