2011/04/29

Movie Review of Knucklehead

My next review for the world of Netflix's is Knucklehead starring the WWE's Big Show. It also stars Dennis Farina, Melora Hardin and Mark Feuerstein. There is also a bit part by one of my favorite character actors Saul Rubinek.

The movie is all about The Big Show's character traveling and learning to be a fighter after her burns down an orphanages kitchen. Show's character, Walter, is an orphan who never got adopted and just stayed on as a handy man. Mark Feuerstein plays a sorta crooked trainer named Eddie who owes Dennis's character twenty five thousand dollars and is going to use Walter to get money. Dennis of course doesn't want him to get the money.

Show has excellent comedic timing. I've always enjoyed the big man's talent as a wrestler and I actually decided to watch this after watching the documentary that WWE made about his career. If you can find the sketch from SNL with him, The Rock and Mick Foley.

Back to the movie there is a scene where Walter fights bare knuckle Dave. I won't ruin the scene but it involves a funnel cake and a rear naked choke.

This is a family comedy so there is quite a few fart jokes...which of course having the mentality of a 13 year old I laughed at each and every one. Although I really don't need to see the Big Show's ass again.

This is actually a nice feel good comedy with of course the stupid romantic stuff thrown in. It probably would have done okay if it didn't have the WWE stench on it. I mean the last statement sarcastically. People wouldn't, including me, didn't give it a chance because it was from WWE flims. Much like the Condemned with Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones.

If you want just a stupid family comedy I would suggest this. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: