2011/04/28

From Paris with Love Review

So I couldn't sleep and I decided to watch a movie. This time around it was From Paris with Love starring John Travolta and Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Let's just start with the fact that this is just a basic action flick. Nothing special so right off the bat I'll start with my score. 2.5 out of 5. I actually probably would have rated it higher if not for Jonathan Rhys Meyers and his role. The whole time I was thinking I was watching an episode of Saved by the Bell. I honestly felt that it was Zach Morris running around with Travolta. Actually Mark-Paul Gosselaar could have been a better choice. He was in NYPD Blue. I was also distracted by the look they went for Travolta. Bald and goatee for the bad ass look I guess. Stone Cold pulled it off much better!

The plot is basic. Meyers plays a secret agent of some kind and wants to move up in the agency. Travolta plays the rugged vet who gets assigned to team with Meyers and hilarity ensues. Wait...that isn't right. They went with the basic and Meyers is dumbfounded by Travolta's off the cuff tactics. Half the movie Meyers carries around a vase full of coke. Yeah just carries it around and no one asks anything. I will say the action scenes are pretty cool and the chase scene with the bazooka was awesome.

There was one scene where Travolta goes down a fireman's pole, I don't want to ruin it too much, that nearly put it over the top. Basic action flick with horrible dialog and I almost felt like Travolta was doing the same character as Face-Off. It is on instant watch and only and hour and a half. If you like a basic action flick watch this.

There was one scene where I just about gave up on the movie. T

No comments: