2011/02/09

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign

While yesterday's blog was a nice calm one this one not so much. Ready for it because I am turning on rant mode....now! /rant

I don't know why we bother to put signs up, I really don't. No one reads them or if they don't they don't follow them. Take the walk/don't walk signs. How often do you see dipshits cross when they aren't suppose to and then look at YOU like you did something wrong driving. This morning some jogging asshole in all black with two little reflector strips nearly got their ass ran over by yours truly because they were jogging across the street when the sign had the big ass fucking red/orange hand saying don't walk. Natural selection had obviously selected that asshat to die but I gave them a reprieve. In all reality the irony of a fat fuck like me running over and killing some jerk jogging is not wasted on me, in fact it made me chuckle.

Another example is at work. We have security doors with those fancy badges. Yes we are that important. On the god damn door it says NOT TO KNOCK! It says if you forgot your badge to go get one at the front desk. So what does everyone do? THEY FUCKING KNOCK! Personally, being the asshole I am, I don't answer it. I'm far enough away from the door that they can't see me anyway but even if I was right there I wouldn't out of principle. Now as someone pointed out to me, people forget things. That is true. Very true. That is why it says what to do if you did forget your key. Aren't part of the university but need to get in to the work area? Guess what, the sign says what to do in that case too!

It is not like I am expecting five year old's to understand this. I am expecting intelligent (or maybe not so much) people to understand what a sign says. I don't know what set me off on this tangent yesterday but now its stuck in my head and that jogging fucker really pissed me this morning. All black really?

Okay since I am ranting and raving here let me get some more out.

Why the hell can't people be on time? I honestly can't remember the last time I was late. I really can't. Especially work. Hmmmm, last time I was late for work....it wasn't at BN this last tour of duty. Maybe I was late at Southwestern, but I left there in 2006....well you get the idea. Why? Because I am not a dumb fuck. I plan ahead. I hear we might have bad weather tomorrow, I better be ready and leave early. Its winter I might have to clean my car, I better be ready and factor that into my time. Rest of the people...nope...dumb fucks. I'll just be late and let other people carry the weight for my stupidity. Or worse I'll drive fast because I'm late and get in an accident. Stupid fucks.

Another thing is that people around here in SLC are apparently too dumb to turn on their car's headlights. Why bother. Its 7am and I'm in a gray car, people can see me. Its snowing like hell and I'm in a white car I'm good to go. I would think they would have their headlights on 24/7 because its dark with your head shoved so far up your ass! Maybe if I kick hard enough it'll pop back out like in the old cartoons.

/rant

Okay rant mode is off. I am done, spent, tired, sleepy and less angry. In a personal note I think I have caught the flu from the Oatman family. The house should probably be quarantined.

Also at work everyone is gone at a meeting and I'm holding down the fort but of course there are things happening that I don't know how to fix but no one is available to assist either. Its going to be a long LONG day. Fuck me....

No comments: