2010/11/25

A blog from drunk Gene (you haven't seen him yet)

Note: I am quite drunk typing this so forgive me if it is incoherent or slightly mushy.

So far I've this week I've figured out my Road to Damascus moment and found that it wasn't as upsetting as I thought it would be and actually more clear then I had anticipated. Went to the greatest place on Earth, The Brazilian Grill. Watched almost all of this seasons Always Sunny in Philly.

Today I slept till past 11. Had Del Taco. Watched a 9 month old freak out and crawl to the computer pointing and making noise when I found the Cyberman Picture I posted on my Facebook and at the beginning of this blog....DELETE DELETE DELETE (future nerd if there ever was one). Had Thanksgiving Dinner. Played some D&D. Drank quite a few Rum and Cokes. Had a certain Beagle behave himself for the most part. Had a frank conversation with a friend that I wasn't that close with but now I feel closer to her (wake up sunshine its your turn).

Overall it has been a great trip to SLC. A place where I feel at home because my friends (damn I miss you fuckers at BN I don't get to see anymore) are here and really those friends are my family.

I am more relaxed and at peace with life then I've been in a long time. The road I am about to go down will be rough and I could very well be making the wrong choice but that is life right? Fuck it. Right now (and that is because I am probably more drunk then I think) everything is where it should be. I have a puppy at my feet, I have great music on the computer, laundry is getting done, turkey in my belly, the best friends a guy like I could ask for...better then I could ask for actually. Ask me in a week how I feel and you'll get the usually Gene answer but right now I am smiling and wishing I had one more rum and coke and that the day was just starting.

To my friends I didn't get to see today/this trip I am sorry. Sometimes we just run out of time. To those of you in Michigan/New York/Chicago/Mass I miss many of you more then words can say.

Thanksgiving is about realizing what you're thankful for and I am thankful that I ain't Ricky Rude...wait that's not right that is what Roddy Piper was thankful for in 1989 (only one maybe two people will get that reference)...I'm thankful for my friends who have been and always will be my family.

So tomorrow know that it pains me more then you'll ever know to go back to Twin Falls. Know that what I really want to do is stay where I am respected and maybe even wanted...and not by the law either!

Tomorrow hug those that you love. But more importantly tell those people you love that you love them. Be thankful that you have what you have. But most of all be thankful that you don't get blogs from Drunk Gene very often and soon you'll be back to either get Gene 2.0 (normal blogging Gene) or Angry Gene ;)

No comments: