2021/08/08

1994-02-19 Superstars

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-11-15, we are going back to 1994 to check out a mid-February Superstars.  We are building up to the tenth anniversary of Wrestlemania...although without a sign to point to how do we know?  Anywho I am sure we will hear from at least one Hart Brother and the champions mouthpiece James E. Cornette, so enough talking I think it is time to go to the.....mp4
  • IT IS THE KING OF HARTS!!!  Wait.....spoilers
  • Owen vs. Marty?  Yes, please!
  • Cheap shot?  Marty was probably drunk and fell down Vince!
  • A HANDFUL OF HAIR BY MARTY!  HE IS A CHEATER!!
  • Oh man I loved Owen's belly to belly
  • I like that these guys are trying for pinfalls after big moves, unlike today, it is about winning
  • The man who invented the Sharpshooter with another win
  • Oh that suit Vince is wearing, exactly what I think of seeing Vince in
  • JOHNNY POLO!!!
  • How is it Scotty Taylor looked older in 1994 then he did in 1998-99
  • Vince sounds so annoyed with Polo and I love it
  • Can you imagine if we had Madusa in her prime with some of the current stars.  Her vs. Bailey or Charlotte or Becky or.....did Polo just call her a sexy little tart?!?!
  • Nothing to write home about in that match, this is why the division just never took off in 1994 sadly
  • I always like Todd.  He always seemed so excited and genuine
  • I would have liked to see Quake take on Borga, I think that would have been a trainwreck of a match
  • Booger looks MUCH better with that haircut!
  • I do not remember Quake being announced from Canada except for when he was the Canadian Earthquake
  • Actually, the only chance you have against Quake is to attack early and quickly Vick!
  • I love to see Quake throw that dropkick, always one of my favorites especially during this mid 90's
  • I love me some Cornette!
  • WHAT IN THE HELL IS HE THERE FOR?  Luger has no right to be there this is Cornette and Company's time!
  • On the Take Tunney is clean this time?  I think not!
  • Way too much offense on Big Daddy Cool.  He should have been destroying people in 30 seconds still at this point in 1994
  • I loved WWF Royal Rumble game back in the day!
A really good show!  I love Polo and "Vick" on commentary!  The opening main event between Owen and Marty was really good, I could watch more matches between those two.  Kwang, Quake and Big Daddy were great.  I felt bad for Madusa as they did not have much for her at this point.  This felt amazingly quick and I could not believe the show was over when it was.  A really fun show

RESULTS
  • Owen Hart def. Marty Jannetty via Submission
  • Segment:  Bret Hart
  • Kwang def. Scott Taylor
  • Face to Face:  Shwan Michaels (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Segment:  Little Richard
  • Alundra Blayze (WWF Women’s Champion) def. Heidi Lee Morgan for the Title
  • Wretlemania Report:  Crush & Mr. Fuji/Randy Savage/ Sy Sperling
  • Segment:  Bucky & Vinnie (Showtime critics)
  • Earthquake def. Jim Massenger
  • Funeral Parlor:  Yokozuna (WWF Champion) & Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji/Lex Luger
  • Diesel def. Mike Moraldo
  • Face to Face:  Owen Hart
  • Segment:  Adam Bomb & Harvey Whipplemen

No comments: