2021/08/01

Movie Roulette: Ridge War Z

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2021-08-01 I am checking out the flick Ridge War Z.  The first of my new "Movie Roulette" series where the wife and I pick a folder number (1-27 for the alphabet and # folders) and then a random number based on the flicks in that folder!  The first in the series is the 2013 flick Ridge War Z!  "The last surviving veterans of the worst battle of a zombie war recount their horrific memories to an author who is writing a book about their experiences."  It stars Dominique Marsell, Travis O'Leary, and Kyle Gordon per IMDB.  158 people have rated this flick a 2.5 currently.

  • Brain Damage films?  Is that what I am going to get from this flick?
  • Wait...are they using grenades on zombies?  
  • So basically this is World War Z without a budget?
  • Is that Tom Brady?
  • Why is he using a typewriter?  
  • I do not get the blue filter on the camera
  • Take it back he looks more like Brett Favre; probably as stupid as him
  • Not great mic coverage 
  • They just not realized that one guy is still in the car?  Did they at least roll down the windows?
  • Half a million?  That is not much for a zombie war, is it?
  • Why are soldiers just laying there?  I would think they would either be zombies or collected after the fact?  
  • Are they playing freeze tag and they cannot move after dying?  Jesus, he was frozen stiff
  • Good grief the dialog...no human being talks like this do they?
  • For zombies being around, they are not very quiet 
  • Secure the back door?  Phrasing?  Are we not saying phrasing anymore?
  • All that shooting for 20 zeds?
  • Why do they have a body in their fox "hole"?
  • Why the bazooka?  I guess for a true herd?
  • This is getting a little long in the tooth and it is only 90 minutes
  • Why was he looking down his sight?  There is not a scope on the gun
  • Oh, they are fast-moving zombies...I do not like it
  • Oh maybe he does have a scope I did not notice the first time
  • They are wasting a lot of ammo on only a few D-Cays are they not?
  • Well that bazooka was pointless
  • I guess a bit does not mean death or infection in this universe
  • Or was Carter not bit
  • Yeah he was not bit
  • THAT ZOMBIE FUCKING KNEECAPPED THAT MOTHER FUCKER!!
  • This movie HAS to be longer than 90 minutes.  I just had a birthday while watching it
  • Do the zombies stop and let people have these heartfelt moments?  If so that is nice of them
  • Why did Perez just run into the horde?  Did I miss them run out of bullets?  He could have shot a few if he still had ammo right?  
Trying to be critical I feel like there are a lot of good opportunities in the flick.  Everything!  While the acting was subpar at times, the story disjointed, audio bad and well you get the picture there was a lot of groundwork.  I think it would have either been a good mini-series or just needs a budget.  Overall not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I will agree with IMDB and roundup, giving it a 3/10.

No comments: