2020/10/20

Ring of Honor 2020-10-16

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever you found todays entry.  Today, 2020-10-20, I am checking out out the most recent ROH show.  I know that means I skipped a few shows and I will eventually go watch them.  This was the latest on my DVR so it is getting the review treatment....


  • It'll be intresting to see how ROH does their show after COVID is over and the Pure Tourney is over
  • I like the promo by Jonathan
  • Is Tracy Williams the new Avatar?  Bonus points to those who get the reference
  • This is my second time seeing Yehi and hee does nothing for me.  I think it is the cocky smile that I have not seen him earn yet.  However I can see him growing on me 
  • Seriously if I was Williams I would rip Fred's nose ring out
  • A really good match but the lack of knowledge on these two makes me less invested
  • I LOVE IT!  DRAGON SLEEPER IN THE ROPES!  Love that the rules are coming into play like that
  • Why does EC3 have two jackets on?
  • Well that promo did nothing for me which is sad
  • Why is the ref the only guy with a mask on?
  • I have never really been a fan of Black, but it has been a few years since I saw him.  
  • I wish Silas was still in the tourny.  
  • BANANA SPLIT!!
  • I do not want to hear kimura again I might scream
  • Silas should just go know Brian out
  • PJ barely got that cart wheel off
  • I am impressed by both of these guys
Another good show.  My lack of knowledge made me slightly less invested but still a really good show.  All four men are really good and the advancement PJ has had over the years really shows from his Justin Gabriel days in WWE.  Woods could be a big star on a bigger stage I think and ROH better work hard to keep him next time his contract comes up because you have to believe WWE will come a knocking.  I cannot wait for next week to see if we end up with a battle of tag team champions or is there an upset?  

RESULTS
  • Segment:  Quinn McKay
  • Recap:  Jay Lethal (ROH Tag Team Champion) def. David Finlay
  • Segment:  Jay Lethal (ROH Tag Team Champion)
  • Recap:  Jonathan Gresham (ROH Tag Team Champion) def. Matt Sydal via Submission
  • Segment:  Jonathan Gresham (ROH Tag Team Champion)
  • Recap:  Vincent/Matt Taven
  • Recap:  Fred Yehi & Silas Young
  • Recap:  Russ Taylor & Tracy Williams
  • Tracy Williams def. Fred Yehi via Submission
  • Segment:  EC3
  • Segment:  EC3/Shane Taylor/Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe
  • Recap:  Josh Woods & Kenny King
  • Recap:  PJ Black & Tony Deppen
  • Josh Woods def. PJ Black via Submission

No comments: