2020/10/12

2020-09-25 ROH Review

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-10-12, I am checking out the September 25th, 2020 episode of Ring of Honor.  Tonight we get to see Silas Young against Fred Yehi and Josh Woods taking on Kenny King.  I am a huge fan of Silas so I am excited to get to this so enough of my rambling!
  • I think this is the best opening on TV, the part about 2012 and whatnot.
  • I kind of like the Quinn McKay segments and the opening.  Makes it feels like a real sport
  • Who was David talking to off-camera?
  • ROH has the weirdest commercials during their show
  • Is Fred the face?  He came off really smarmy at the start of this interview, glad he got a little better as it went.  I think it is the look on his face.  Not sure if he should be a face or a cocky heel, we shall see
  • I hate his nose ring and I hope he does not wrestle with it in because a guy like Silas would rip it out the first chance he got
  • Silas is my favorite ROH talent I think.  I wish he would have gone to WWE for a run because I think he could be a big star on NXT
  • Oh I hate Fred's music
  • I love that Ian is explaining the rules...you know rules!
  • I like that they are both wrestling
  • How long has Caprice been doing commentary?  He might be the best color guy in wrestling.  
  • Best commentary team in wrestling, they are treating it like real wrestling.  No screaming, no yelling, no laughing, no joking.  Just calling the action
  • I am surprised to say this but Silas should have sold more in that comeback after the crucifix.  Especially with his legs that were worked on
  • Yehi hitting the middle ropes is weird
  • The announcers got excited and it made me get excited but the went back to normal
  • I hate that Young does that headstand.  It is amazing but out of place for him
  • Josh Woods looks like another wrestler, who I can not put my finger on
  • I love this idea that Woods is coming back to teach King, it is not a wrestling angle and feels real
  • A decent promo by King, I liked the Master Splinter reference
  • King is out of place in this tournament.  The other guys' wrestle and King is a sports entertainer in my opinion
  • This "free chance" does not work without a crowd really
  • This show does not feel like an hour, it is great
  • If you cannot do the slide around do not do it Kenny
  • I love that the one punch meant something but what is going to happen when this is over and everyone is throwing punches and not selling like the last few weeks?
  • A little too much sports entertainment in this match
  • I love the announcers have I said that yet?
  • The Ring of Honor bubble?  First time I remember them using that phrase and again makes it feel like a real sport!
  • First time for the judges
Another really good show.  These have become my favorite shows currently.  I wish I had more time to keep up on this weekly and not be a few weeks behind.  I am disappointed that Silas is gone honestly because he is my favorite but it is about the young blood I assume.  I cannot wait for the next show!

RESULTS
  • Segment. Quinn McKay
  • Recap:  David Finlay def. Rocky Romero
  • Segment:  David Finlay
  • Recap:  Matt Sydal def. Delirious
  • Segment: Fred Yehi
  • Segment:  Silas Young
  • Fred Yehi def. Silas Young in a 2020 ROH Pure Championship Tournament
  • Segment:  Josh Woods
  • Segment:  Kenny King
  • Josh Woods def. Kenny King via Judges Decision in a 2020 ROH Pure Championship Tournament 

No comments: