2020/10/24

2020-10-22 NXT UK

 


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening.....whenever it is you have found this entry.  Today, 2020-10-24, I am checking out the latest edition of NXT UK.  With everything going on I have not kept up with the show but wrestling is wrestling so I think it is time to find out what is going on across the pond!
  • It has been a while since I checked out NXT UK....and I still hate the theme song!
  • There is something about Eddie Dennis that bothers me, I think it is the body.  It just does not look right
  • Yeah I do not see Carter winning this match
  • That was a hell of a slap by Dennis
  • Dennis also has a horrible haircut and I know about horrible haircuts 
  • 1 dive, I think I shall keep count
  • What was that?  A weird bodyslam?
  • 1 superkick
  • Nigel is a great announcer, he does the hype so well but is so informative
  • I like that WWE has started to us female refs for female matches
  • That was an ugly tackle and that is good because it felt real
  • Really slow cover by Amale there
  • I got slightly distracted during the match hopefully I did not miss a dive or superkick
  • uggg, I do not like Nina's character.  Did not work for Aiden English probably will not work for her either
  • Trent is looking much older and I like it
  • This will be weird for me with the rounds and such.  I remember some shows in the US, maybe AAW, back in the early 90's did it and it was weird
  • Did Williams just pull Seven up?
  • A lot of lanky guys on NXT UK
  • That DDT should have ended it
  • That was odd because when do people hit the ropes like Seven did there?
  • 2 Superkick
  • A contract signing I wonder if they will fight
  • It is weird that the Russian is the good guy!
  • JESUS WHAT A SLAP!
  • And there is the brawl
A decent show with a really good main event!  Eddie is decent and it was a good build up for next week with Webb and Andrews.  Im interested in knowing where that goes.  WALTER and Ilja will be a hard hitting match for sure.  Honestly the only thing that I found subpar was the womens match.  I will continue to watch when I have time and it was a good show.  

RESULTS
  • Eddie Dennis def. Oliver Carter
  • Segment:  Eddie Dennis
  • Video:  Joey Coffey
  • Nina Samuels def. Amale
  • Interview:  Nina Samuels
  • Trent Seven def. Kenny Williams in a Heritage Cup Tournament Match 2 falls to 1
  • Contract Signing: WALTER (NXT UK Champion) & Ilja Dragunov

No comments: