2020/09/16

Classic Wrestling Review: 1994-01-29 Superstars


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever it is you found today's entry.  Today, 2020-03-27, I am going back once again to 1994 to watch the January 29th WWF Superstars.  The Royal Rumble was just a week ago.  Will Owen Hart explain why he is the better Hart?  I hope so, but enough hoping and let's get to watching!
  • I love Jack Tunney, mostly because he looks like my Grandpa Bennett!
  • This was a unique "tournament" style Mania.  I understand why they did not go with it again but it was different and cool
  • It is amazing how young Vinnie Mac looks, I know it is 1994 but it is shocking every time I see it
  • MOM was just awful, I am sorry but they were
  • The future Bob Holly!  One of my personal favourites
  • Not the best splash but the fans were excited which is the point
  • Wow....that was the worst guest ring announcer and I love that Vince mocked her!
  • Big Daddy Cool looked much better once he grew that mullet out!
  • The fans loved Tatanaka still at this point.  He, however, would lose steam when hey turned him heel which just did not fit
  • I love those 1994 Jeff Jarrett outfits!
  • I saw him pull Double J's hair
  • Poor Sid and Leroy are in trouble
  • Samu always seemed really rough while Fatu seemed to be working
  • What the hell was Leroy trying to do?
  • Scotty was still a good looking baby face at this point and Rick was Rick.  Always liked the guys from the Mighty MI!
A good show but the lack of followup with the Hart Brothers boggles my mine.  Jeff Jarrett was one of the best in 1994.  He made Knox look like a million bucks.  No reason to go out of your way to see this show but if you are bored there are worse ways to waste 45 minutes

RESULTS
  • Segment:  Jack Tunney
  • Mabel/Mo def.Terry Austin/Joey Stalling
  • Segment:  Jim Cornette & Yokozuna (WWF Champion & Mr. Fuji
  • Sparky Plugg def. Brooklyn Brawler
  • Video:  Alundra Blayze (WWF Womens Champion)
  • Face to Face:  IRS/Bret Hart
  • Diesel def. Tommy Angel
  • Segment: Jacques & Pierre (WWF Tag Team Champions) & Johnny Polo
  • Tatanka def. Austin Steele
  • Wrestlemania Report
  • Segment:  Earthquake
  • Jeff Jarrett def. Tyrone Knox
  • Segment:  Paul Bearer & Undertaker
  • Samu/Fatu def. Sid Garrison/Leroy McGill
  • Face to Face:  Crush & Mr. Fuji/Randy Savage
  • Segment:  Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner

No comments: