2017/12/28

Movie Review: Kangaroo Jack


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you have found this review.  Today, 9/29/17, I am checking out the flick Kangaroo Jack for some reason.  Why?  I do not know>  I remember that the flick made me laugh when I saw it in the theaters...but that was a while ago and I often laugh at horrible things.  "Two childhood friends, a New York hairstylist and a would-be musician, get caught up with the mob and are forced to deliver $50,000 to Australia, but things go haywire when the money is lost to a wild kangaroo."  It stars Anthony Anderson, Jerry O'Connell and Estella Warren.  It currently has a 4.4/10 with 25,044.


  • Did this become Borderlands?
  • Seriously?  This is the music for this scene?
  • Does he actually think he can outrun the cops in that panel van?
  • Oh how the career of Anthony Anderson has grown
  • Oh Christopher Walken...why
  • How...who....did I laugh at this before?
  • Oh...because they want you to think that they are talking about poopy...
  • Did someone on speed edit this?
  • Of course this song is in the flick
  • What?  What was Jerry O'Connell just doing?
  • How did he not see that kangaroo?
  • Okay...Anthony still makes me laugh
  • Banger short of a barbie?  
  • What is the point of these weird scenes with kangaroo and the random noises?
  • Okay, I hate to admit it this is still making me laugh, especially Anthony Anderson
  • He can fly just fine after those drinks
  • He does look friendly
  • Why did they put their shirts back on?  EDITING!
  • Michael Shannon is strange looking...well more than usual
  • Grits?  Chicken and waffles?
  • I hate that I laugh at this horrible acting and what not
  • Yep, grabbing boobs is the first thing I do when I see things in the desert
  • Chicken blood!
  • Yep, nothing says family flick like groping and chicken blood
  • More poop/fart humor?  Really?
  • Really a training Training Montage?  
  • Why did the guys take their shirts off but she didn't?
  • Did I suddenly switch to a Michael Bay flick?
  • These experienced mobsters didn't notice the guy had scissors in his pants?
  • These guys are morons!
  • Really?  I don't think those camels are going to catch up with that roo...but what do I know
  • And according to Google I am wrong, camels can run faster than roos
  • Looks just like they are really on the cliff....
  • Worst pick up shots ever, didn't even look like she was in the same place
  • Yep, retard is family friendly!
Well at least the flick is short.  That is really the only thing I can good about it.  That isn't true. O'Connell and Anderson did actually have good chemistry.  I felt like they were life long friends.  On top of that I felt the writing between those two felt right.  The two act pretty much just like I do with my best friend.  Then there was the rest of the movie (to paraphrase Paul Harvey)

The script itself was horrible and the acting felt phoned in like actors knew this was a trainwreck while they performed.  The affects were horrible and they must have forced all the Jacky Legs Kangaroo crap in at the end (I just looked on IMDB and that basically said they did after Snow Dogs).

That being said I still laughed at the stupid stuff more then I'd care to admit but I did.  For that I give it a 6/10, and that is only because O'Connell and Anderson felt so real.  Aside from that it is not a good flick.  

No comments: