2015/05/17

Ying and Yang....Kingpin and Dare Devil

I have started to watch the Dare Devil series from Netflixs recently.  Gotta keep up with the ever growing Marvel Universe after all.

A few things that has surprised me thus far:


  • Dare Devil apparently has radar.  He can tell what is in a building just but "listening" but I didn't know that half a box of nails had a sound
  • Sadly Dare Devil doesn't always wear the cool horned red leather outfit.  But now that I think about it it does look a little Batman light
  • I don't know much about Dare Devil but I'm shocked on how violent he is.  It is quite different then the rest of the Marvel Universe.  Dark and Gritty...again very Batman like.
  • This seems like a very different version of Kingpin.  The problem is that Vincent D'Onofrio plays him pretty much like his character on Criminal Intent
  • I like that Dare Devil and Kingpin seem to be the same just going about it different ways.  
  • My one major complaint is that it is dark.  Like visually dark.  A few times I've had problems figuring out what was going on.  
  • The "dirty cops" are a little cliche for me.  Obvious as to what is going on with them.  The writing of the characters is piss poor too
  • While D'Onofrio does a great job as Kingpin I think Michael Chiklis could have done it well as well, although his height would be a problem.  I am kind of sad that Michael Clarke Duncan isn't around.  He had everything for the part including the voice.  

I am glad it was a Netflix show as I don't think there is enough to make me watch on a weekly basis. A bulk viewing though works well for it I think.  

No comments: