2013/03/11

Walking Dead and Zombie Talk

Anyone who knows me knows that I love zombies.  I don't know what it is about zombies that I enjoy but I do.  When I first saw the remake of "Night of the Living Dead" I sorta of fell in love with them.

Recently on a podcast I listen to, @zombiworldorder on twitter, and you can find their podcast through the podcast app on ipad.  Anyway a few months ago they talked about their top five zombie movies and 28 Days/Weeks Later are brought up.  They both believe that they are zombie movies which I disagree with.  We exchanged a few twitter messages and agreed to disagree.  Also as I was writing this  I found out I won a DVD for my feedback to the show.  I really do enjoy their show, even if I don't agree with some of the stuff they say.  It isn't just zombies, they talk about survival and weapons which is interesting.

Okay back to the 28 Days/Weeks stuff.  The argument is are the infected in the movies zombies?  I say no personally but because I put on caveat on modern zombies, they are dead that come back as undead.

Yes I know originally zombies were voodoo and the person was basically brainwashed.  However in the modern zombie I think they have to be dead and come back undead, so no heart beat type thing.  That is my thoughts personally.  Also I think the zombies need to want to eat flesh.  The infected in the movie are neither undead nor after flesh.  They are violent, full of rage...wait...that sounds like me...oh never mind.  In the movies they are full of rage and just want to commit violence.  They might bite people but it isn't to eat them it is because they are violent.  That is my argument.  I really dug the first flick, the second not as much, but the first one was pretty cool.  I just don't believe they are zombies personally.

Now onto the best show on TV, The Walking Dead, and not only because it has zombies.  The writing on the show is amazing.  The acting is amazing.  The effects are awesome.  Everything is great.

I haven't read the comics yet, part of me wants to read them and the other part doesn't because I don't want to ruin anything that might happen on the show.

I want to make a few guesses as to what will happen the rest of the seasons, 3 episodes left.

1.  I'm afraid that Andrea will not survive the season which makes me sad.  I really like Laurie Holden, the actress, and the character of Andrea.  She has gone through a lot of changes throughout the show.  First as a strong woman, then after Amy died wanting to die, then wanting to kill every walker out there, then siding with Shane and then the Governor.  Most people don't like her but I see her as a survivor who will go with the best chance of survival now.  She has gone full circle and now she wants to survive and live.  Look at her speech in Woodbury.  I am afraid that she is going to sacrifice herself to save Rick from Phillip.  If it happens it will be sad but I think her story has been great to watch.

2.  Rick will come back from being crazy which makes me sad.  I love crazy Rick a bunch because I believe that anyone would go crazy in the world especially with the stress that goes with being a leader.    The phone stuff from earlier this season and seeing ghost Laurie is great.  Also you've got the stuff with Morgan which was heartbreaking.  I loved the interactions with Morgan and Rick this season and him returning to the show.  The stuff was fantastic.  However I do hate the fact that the Morgan character changes matches one of the characters in the book I'm writing.  Morgan brought Rick back from brink which is cool.

3.  I fear that Merle will also die at the end of this season which I'll hate.  Much like Andrea I will really hate Merle leaving the show.  I missed his character in season 2 and have really dug him coming back.  The character is great being all raciest and mean and what not.  I think he'll die at the hands of the Governor.  I sure hope not but I get that feeling.

I have a zombie movie to watch with Levar Burton.  Yes Reading Rainbow meets zombies!

No comments: