2011/10/31

Walking Dead talk

I just watched episode 3 of the Walking Dead for this season and I wanted to talk about it. There are spoilers so stop reading now if you don't want stuff to be ruined.






At the end of episode one Carl was shot. In the next episode we meet Otis who shot Carl by accident while hunting, Carl was petting a deer. Otis and Shane went off to get equipment to save Carl. They find a crap ton of zombies and at the end of episode 2 they are trapped in a school with zombies everywhere. They are then being chased during episode 3. Otis risks his life to draw the zombies away so Shane can jump out a window. He does that, sprains his ankle is about to die when here comes Otis to the rescue and saves Shane. They are both 'running' or limping as the case may be. Shane because of his ankle injury Otis...well because Otis is heavyset. They compare how many bullets they have and Shane then shoots Otis in the leg! He shot him, takes his weapon and the equipment and lets the zombies eat him!

Okay I can see Shane's thoughts but then on the Talking Dead, the talk show that follows TWD, the host, the dude of Napoleon Dynamite and Felicia Day all talk like it is okay for Shane to do this. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?! I feel like up is down and black is white. THAT WAS NOT OKAY!

They talk about how it is a changed world and it was for a kid. That doesn't make killing a man right. I guess had Shane turned around and shot Otis in the head after they started eating him. To show some compassion maybe I would be okay but that was awful!

The excuse of it being a new different world doesn't work for me. IF anything that should make EVERY life worth trying to save. They were out running the zombies. Otis wasn't any slower than Shane.

I will admit it was me or someone else in that situation, its someone else, and I assume almost everyone else will say that. It the zombies were two steps behind things would be different but that isn't the case.

Oh and for the record the show is doing something right when I, or anyone, get emotionally interested. Its the sign of good writing in my opinion. Also I assumed Otis was going to die, but not sacrificed and executed like he was. I figured he would sacrifice himself to save Carl to make amends for his accident.

I will say that I am really interested in a few things.

1. Where does this take Shane's character? He is a murderer now, no matter the reason and good that came out of it he killed Otis.

2. What will happen when Rick finds out that Shane killed Otis?

3. Does Shane still want to leave the group (he talked about that in episode 1) or does he now think he can do better than Rick as leader

Okay that is enough ranting. Let me end with this, when Shane is zombie food I will not feel bad. I will be extremely happy. Much like when Shane died on the Shield. Maybe it is all TV characters named Shane that are just asses. Oh and I would love to see Zombie Otis come and eat Shane.

Oh and I was so disappointed to hear Felicia Day say she agreed with what Shane did. That made me a very sad panda

No comments: