2010/04/06

I have....returned!

Boy its been a while since the Fat Man has blogged hasn't it? But don't you worry I am back and I have even more venom to spew out. Boy the world has changed a lot since we last talked. We have a new president (I didn't vote and probably wouldn't have voted for Gilligan...or maybe Ginger) so people say I can't complain. Ummm, WRONG! I believe its my right to complain and even encouraged by a few people. There are two reason why I am allowed...well three. First off, I am funny when I do it. You all know its true. I am funny when I go off on some bat shit rant about god knows what which means little and by the end I am screaming, my hair is going wild and you'd think I was channeling Ric Flair and getting ready to rip off my jacket and elbow drop the group. Entertaining. Also, most of the time, my ranting and raving isn't done just for the sake of. Its the release valve that I have and it is usually done to make a point without slapping you in the face with it. Last but not least its every American's right to whine bitch moan and complain. That's what makes this country great. But enough I actually have a question.

Lets say you are given a chance to take a new pill. This pill will make you forget EVERYTHING that has ever happened in your life. You will be completely reprogrammed. There is of course a catch. You can only take the pill once and you can never go back. You can go from the young hopper on the corner to being the next President of the United States. Or you could go from being a hopper on the street to...a hopper on the street. What would you do dude?

Me? I would take the pill. My life is fucked up and everyone knows it. I'm not saying its horrible and it couldn't be a whole lot worse but I would take the pill. Just like if Morpheus came and offered me the blue pill (that's the one that gets me out right?) I would take it. Go with the thought it can't get any worse and roll them bones baby!

Hell we will even take this a step further and let you remember your old life. This could lead to some awesome interactions with people. Very Jason Bourne I believe (I never saw the movies but I should, Julie Stiles is in one and she is pretty).

I am sure many of you know I am managing a cafe in Twin Falls Idaho. Its like if Charlotte Michigan suddenly became important and become a real town. Red necks galore. There are days I walk out of my job wondering what have I done? I had a good thing in Sugarhouse with good people and better friends. Here...not so much. But its a job. I am not here to make friends I am here to do a damn good job and move onward and upward.

I want to leave you with this quote for the day:

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty. -Roland from "The Last Gunslinger"

1 comment:

_paul said...

you need to get a picture of the "SHUTUP!" hair to go along with this post. lol