2010/04/09

assholes

So after feeling like crap for nearly a week I am feeling okay today so I did a few jobs I had been putting off. The big thing with it being pay day was paying bill (which sucks). The other thing was laundry which is as bad as bills. Luckily the apartment complex here in Twin has a decent laundry room and is cheaper than any laundromat. However this task did remind me why I hate most people.

The laundry room only has 4 washes...8 dryers but 4 washes...and one was broken. For those of you out there that are math challenged that leaves 3 washers. I haven't done my laundry for a while due to my mass laziness so I have quite a bit. I think I'll use two washers as one has a laundry in it. Nope that isn't going to happen as the person used both. No big deal except the laundry was done when I walked in. No big deal. It'll take me twice as long to do mine but whatever. So I throw my laundry in, see that it'll be 28 minutes and walk out. I get home and set the alarm on my phone for 23 minutes (making sure that I get back as if not before the washer stops). I get back and guess what...the asshole that is taking up 2/3 of the working washers still hasn't gone back and moved stuff to the dryer. I move mine over and put my second load in. Rinse and repeat another 28 minutes. I go back and the other person's laundry is STILL in their washers. I move my second load over to the dryers and set my alarm for 40 minutes this time. I'm not sure how long the dryers timers are. I go back and mind you it has been roughly two hours time and the asshole taking up the washers STILL has their shit in the washer.

Maybe this shows that I am not the asshole that I always think that I am. I honestly thought about throwing this person's laundry on the floor and leaving a note that said fuck you but then this person would just use the washers even longer.

I am not a person who is looking to make the world better. 95% of the time I believe that we need to wipe humankind off the face of the earth and start over. Hell I want to be the guy who pushes the button or I want to ride the bomb down. I don't even try to hide my unadulterated hatred for 99% of the people I see. However maybe this world would be a little better if we pulled our collective heads out of our asses and thought about to treat people. If we treated people how we wanted to be treated maybe this hell hole wouldn't be quite as bad.

So to the assholes all around the world taking up the washers I've got two words for ya....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This exact scenario happened to me last weekend. We have 2 washers and 2 dryers. When I put my load in the washers, I noticed that the dryers were full and finished. Whatever, my laundry won't be done washing for about 30 minutes, right? Well - when my laundry gets done and the dryers are still full. I wait another half hour. Now I've had enough because my laundry is still just sitting there...wet.

Here's what I decided to do - I took out their laundry and FOLDED it and set it on the shelf off to the side. I figured that if someone had just taken MY laundry out and thrown it in a big pile off to the side (WHICH HAS HAPPENED) - I would be super pissed (AND I WAS! I can tell my retaliation story another time, if you like).

I guess the point is - you did the best you could in your situation. I think if it had been me, I would have moved their crap to the dryers and let it sit there so that I could finish my laundry.