2020/05/16

2020-01-03 ROH Review


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening....whenever it is you found this entry.  Today, 2020-02-13, we are going back to the first of the year to check out the first ROH show of 2020.  I have not followed ROH steadily so it will be interesting to see what we have.  Let us go to the ring now!

  • Man the ROH title is almost as ugly as the AEW title
  • What is that with Kenny King....is she part fish?
  • Why do so many wrestling shows have sex/dick pill commercials
  • Man I love Silas
  • Black looks like Bo Dallas!
  • Draper is the 2019 Top Prospect?  Really?
  • Nice Belly to Back by Ali, I mean picture perfect
  • Listen to that massive crowd of like 20 people responding
  • Good grief what is what wrestlers and their goof faces these days?
  • Really?  Wasteland is your finisher?  Weak finisher and it always has been
  • Is Lethal morphing into 2 Cold Scorpio?
  • I do like Brian Zane
  • I like Jeff Cobb and I wonder if WWE has given him a call
  • I like Marty at first but his gimmick wore out pretty quickly for me
  • Why was Marty outside the ring or so long?
  • If that does not finish the match nothing can
  • The young lady left side of the hard camera does not look like she is enjoying herself at all
  • This match is going way too long
Honestly, that show was not that good.  The main event went through three segments and should have been cut in a third.  Draper and Ali were okay but again too long.  A LOT of PCO which is okay I guess since he is the pushed monster at the moment.  But, if I can be honest, I was bored.  The entire time I was bored waiting to write this and watch something else.  Not a great re-introduction to ROH let us hope it gets better in the future!

RESULTS
  • Segment:  PCO wins the ROH Title
  • Segment:  PCO (ROH Champion & (ROH 6 Man Champion)) & Marty Scurll (ROH 6 Man Champion) & Flip Gordon & Brody King/RUSH & Kenny King & Dragon Lee
  • Segment:  Josh Woods & PJ Black/Silas Young/Brian Johnson
  • Dak Draper def. Shaheem Ali
  • Video Recap:  Vincent & Matt Taven
  • Recap:  ROH Unauthorized
  • Segment: Brian Johnson & PJ Black
  • Segment:  Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham (ROH Tag Team Champions)
  • Top 5:  Final Battle
  • Marty Scurll (ROH 6 Man Champion)/PCO (ROH Champion & ROH 6 Man Champion) def. Jeff Cobb/Dan Maff 

No comments: