2017/04/07

Movie Review: Dahmer (2002)


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, whenever it is you've come across this entry.  Today I'm looking at the 2002 flick Dahmer.  As of 4/7 on IMDB it has a rating of 5.6.  It stars Jeremy Renner, Bruce Davison and Artel Great.  "Biopic about notorious American serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, taking place in both the past and the present."
  • SHIELD sure did pull Hawkeye out of nowhere didn't they!
  • Does that haircut make people become a creeper?
  • What kind of pictures?  Really?
  • Does this kid not know how much a photoshoot is worth?  At least two pair of shoes and maybe even some socks too!
  • That is a horrible picture, your belt would be in the way Jeffrey!
  • Poor kid lost his new shoes
  • I'd probably wait longer then 30 seconds after the cops left to strangle the kid
  • Ah the crazy Grandma made him do it, all makes sense now
  • Having a mannequin in the closet is very strange
  • Why is he talking so weird to his dad?
  • Human head in a box, seems so obvious at this point
  • Why don't you marry fish then buddy!
  • Are gay bars are really like they show in the movies
  • Why drug the guys, I mean I think they're all there for the same thing
  • That was a horrible fake punch
  • What is wrong with this kid and his obsession with fish?
  • Does he smoke his cig weird or is just me?
  • Wait, how old was this woman the kid almost got with?  
  • That isn't just kind of gross, it is very gross!
  • This flick is all over the place time wise
  • Always the crawl space!
  • Forever?  Its been a couple of hours kid
  • He didn't fight very much to be honest
I'm not sure what to say about this flick.  It wasn't bad but I feel like it left a lot to be said/done.  They ended it with a notice about what happened to Jeffery but we didn't see him caught or anything so I feel like it was a chapter of a story but not the entire thing.  That is the biggest complaint I'd have with the flick.

The acting is what it is.  Nothing great but nothing that stood out as poor either.  Same goes for the entire flick really.  It was just there for me.  Nothing bad but nothing great.  I'd give it a 6/10. Honestly overall I felt it was uninspired.  That everyone was kind of just phoning the flick in.

I can't say to watch it but can't say to avoid it either.  It just kind of felt "there" for me.  

No comments: