2017/02/05

Movie Review: Split


Good morning, good afternoon, good evening...whenever if it is you have come across this blog.  

I know it has been a while but I'm back, hopefully more regularly now, with a new movie review. This time I'm checking out the recently flick Split.  "Three girls are kidnapped by a man with a diagnosed 23 distinct personalities, and must try and escape before the apparent emergence of a frightful new 24th."  It stars James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy and Haley Lu Richardson.  As of 2/3/17 it has a score of 7.5.  

THE GOOD

The best thing about this flick, and there are quite a few, is James McAvoy.  He was AMAZING! Everything he did in this flick was amazing.  His Portrayal of multiple personalities yet the same person was awesome.  That is not meant to take away from the rest of the cast but McAvoy stood out. I also have to say that the story itself was very well done.  I know that M. Night Shyamalan has had a lot bad films over the years but this is not one of them.  He did not go from some random twist or shock, he just told a good story.

THE BAD

I found the running time slightly long.  The first act seemed to drag but picked up.  I felt like the first half of the flick needed to have some trimming.  That was the biggest issue with the flick.  

THE UGLY

I won't spoil it but the last scene really was bad.  Did not add anything to the flick and actually made me roll my eyes.

Overall I give the flick an 8/10.  If you are looking for a flick in the theaters worthing paying for this flick is worth the money.  

Until next time...remember...The damaged are the more evolved.

No comments: