2012/03/22

Review of Ancestor by Scott Sigler

AncestorAncestor by Scott Sigler

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I finished this book after starting it over a year ago. Not because it wasn't enjoyable I actually lost it. I ended up getting the ebook and finished it. I enjoyed the book but not nearly as much as Scott's other books. I actually thought that this was a follow up to Infected and Contagious which it isn't.

This book is about a company who is trying to grow organs to sell for implants. To do this they manipulate the DNA of hundreds and possibly millions of animals. However as you guess something bad happens.

Pros: The characters are well rounded and you get the feeling that they are real people. Scott is very vivid in the way he writes, almost to a fault. I'll be honest the fact that most of his books take place in Michigan helps it feel real. He describes Michigan well and I feel almost like I'm reading about something that actually took place in Michigan which is scary too.

Cons: It gets bogged down in the science at times. There were pages and pages as cows became pregnant. It also seemed rushed at points and drawn out at other points. At one point I felt like the story wasn't moving ahead and suddenly bam it hitting the fan. Pacing seemed off.

Overall not a horrible book but I didn't enjoy it as much as Infected or Contagious for that matter. However if you enjoy story about the evils that science can cause this is a good one.



View all my reviews

No comments: