2011/05/29

American Gangster

I was messing around on Netflix and found a TV show called American Gangster produced by BET (Black Entertainment Television). Those of you who know me know that I love the TV Gangland on History channel and this is in the same vain. Unlinke Gangland, which focuses on a specific gang, American Gangster actually focuses on specific gangsters. This includes Frank Lucus, who the film American Gangster starring Denzel Washington was based on.

I am torn on this show. I enjoy the show because for some reason I'm enthralled with the gang life. The gang life is just so interesting from the thought process to the fact that many of the top "thugs" are actually better business men then some CEO's.

However the show often seems to be an us verse them type mentality. This was really obvious in the first season, again in my opinion. However later on in season 2 that changed and it became more just both sides being said. It could be that I see this because I am not from their world. I've never been in that position.

However I am not going to let that taint a good show. Ving Rhames does the voice overs for the show which is cool because he has an amazing voice.

Overall if you enjoy a Gangland type show. If you like real life stories you'll enjoy this.

No comments: